The shop in Clonakilty has been in business since 1947, first with Dan and Monica and then taken over by Donal and Mary in 1988, and extended almost 10 years ago to include 1,2 and 3 Ashe Street.
The pharmacy in Timoleague was opened in 1975, and run initially by both Donal and Mary, eventually Mary taking over Clonakilty in 1988. Donal is the second generation of the Harrington family to work as a pharmacist and took over from his father Dan Harrington in 1988.
Prior to this he established a community pharmacy in Timoleague in 1975 where both he and Mary worked until Mary took over the full time running of the clonakilty store.
Both are passionate about patient care and take great pride in providing such and important service to there communities for over 40 years. Both qualified as pharmacist from Trinity College Dublin and have also undertaken further education and received master in community pharmacy from Queens University Belfast.